Our Tough Mudder Tuesdays have continued. This week we did our first partner workout and Dale, our Tough Mudder coach, acted as a photographer. He’s multi-talented.
It ain’t called the Easy Mudder so of course the work out was tough! The work out was a nice reminder that summer time happy hours and cook outs are not considered training. Funny how just a couple weeks of slacking off can really make you feel out of shape (do I sound like a broken record or what?). It’s making me consider signing up for a half marathon in the fall to get my booty back in peek performance shape. Drastic, maybe? But necessary if I wanna live past September 8th.
July 10th Work-Out–Partner Work Out!
Like I said, this was a partner work out. Each station was 5 minutes and we counted one part of the work out. After each station we had a 2 minute break.
- First station the one partner ran bleachers while the other partner did burpees, then once the other partner ran back we switched. Count the burpees for your score.
- Next station, one partner ran a 200 m sprint and the other did push ups, then once the other partner ran back we switched. Count the push-ups for your score.
- Last station, one partner did squats with a weight while the other did box jumps. Count the box jumps. We switched when one partner was tired. Box jumps are rough!
At the end, we added our total reps to see who won!
Here are some lovely photos from our work out. I use the term lovely, loosely for actions shots of myself. Let tell ya, I’m not a model action shot taker. Shape magazine will not be calling me anytime soon. I always look like I’m about to pass out….which I was close to with this work outs…so I guess it make sense 🙂
Bleachers and Burpees (count total Burpees)
2 – Laps and Push-Ups (count total Push-Ups)
3 – Squat with Dumb Bell and Box Jumps (count total Box Jumps)
Here’s how we scored! All pretty close to one another! Way to go team Bullets!
- Jason & Kristen – 313
- Chelsea & Becca – 299–Team Awesome
- Renato & McKenzie – 271
I’d like to do this work out later in summer to see how I improve!
Here’s another work out for ya, if you’re interested in training like a Bullet.
June 26th Tough Mudder Work Out
Workout Part 1:
- 100m sprints x10
- exactly 30 sec rest between each
Workout Part 2:
3 rounds for time
First round is 21 reps of each, second is 15 reps, third is 9 reps (AKA 21-15-9)
Burpee Box Jumps
Single Dumb bell Ground to Overhead (15-30 lbs)
This was the hardest Tough Mudder work out , I’ve tried yet!
If you like this post, check out these too: