Vote for this project on Creating with the Stars. Just click here and then click on the thumbnail for project #132, “Stirring up some art”. The more you click, the more votes I get!
Here’s another simple DIY project to add some texture and style to your space. I especially enjoyed this project because it was fun taking objects that are usually used for one purpose and turning it into art. I felt like I was on the show HGTV star. Luckily I didn’t have to use coffee stirrers to decorate a whole room. These lucky coffee stirrers will forever avoid mixing up my coffee.
What’s you’ll need for this project:
- One wooden frame. I bought mine at Michaels.
- An array of acrylic paint. I chose 5 colors. I would definitely buy white to mix with the other colors so you can make variations of the paint colors
- Wooden coffee stirrers
- Paint brushes
- Elmer’s glue
Cost: Around $25 (but I bought enough supplies to make 3 excluding the frames)
- Paint the coffee stirrers. Then let them dry a couple of hours.
- After, I started assembling the coffee stirrers into the frame. I just held up the first stirrer to the frame and cut it shorter than the frame space. Then I cut the second stirrer to file the extra space.
- Last, I glued the stirrers all in, one by one. It took about 2 hours to glue all of them in.Two hours later, here’s the final result! I just love how it turned out, and I’m even thinking about making another one! I love how it incorporates all the colors in our living room.
Good luck stirring up your own art!