I’ve been lucky enough to visit this vibrant city two times now, so I thought I would share my love. If you know me, I just love small town charm and although Austin is large in size with it’s many individually owned businesses and start up mentality, it still manages to keep the hometown feel but with the energy of a big city. Austin’s vibe is a unforgettable, its food mouth watering, and its creativity contagious. Walking around enjoying the sunshine, you just want to stop and take everything in. It’s an Instagrammers’s dream. Here’s a few things I just loved!
- Visit Rainey Street and stop in one of the once-house-now-converted-restaurants.
- Try fall off the bone BBQ at La Barbecue while hanging out by the pool.
- Dance the night away at Barbarella.
- Eat breakfast taco’s at Torchey’s Tacos or at my best friend Jenny’s apartment.
- Try on cowboy boots at Allen’s Boots.
- Take a photo at the famous “Greetings from Austin” postcard mural.
- Boot scoot at Rebels and try not to drool too much over the line dancing cowboys.
- Hang out at the patio at Little Woodrow’s.
- Cheer on UT at a football game. Hook ’em!
- Eat along Lake Austin and say hi to kayakers galore.
- Hike up Mt. Bonnell and enjoy a beautiful aerial view of the city.
- Walk down the dirty 6 at night and revel in the mayhem.
- Tour the UT campus, pretend you’re a student, and have lunch on the South Mall lawn. Learn more about UT and it’s history here.
- Shop along South Congress. Stop and grab food at one of the many food trucks.
- Grab coffee at Joe’s.
- Take a pickle shot at Kung Fu Saloon.
- Stay outside as much as possible. I highly recommend scooting around the city with your best friend.
Just writing about this makes me want to go back. After one visit, I’m sure you’ll be ready to pack up your bags and move to Austin…at least I did.
Here are some other posts about Austin worth checking out: